[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva as the son of Brahma

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:05:45 CDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 3:44 PM, D Gayatri <dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> //In fact there is a report in the MB that Shiva is the one who, in the
> form of Hanuman that committed himself to the loving service of Rama. //
>
> Please give me the moola shlokas for this. As far as I know, Hanuman is
> treated as the son of vAyu (not Shiva), in both Ramayana and Mahabharata.

In this page of sacred texts, MB, Ganguly, is a reference:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m13/m13a017.htm

The title of this chapter is:

"Vasudeva said, 'Concentrating his mind, O Yudhishthira. the regenerate
Rishi Upamanyu, with hands joined together in reverence uttered this
abstract of names (applying to Mahadeva), commencing from the beginning.'

//Thou art the mighty ape Hanuman that aided Vishnu in the incarnation of
Rama in his expedition against Ravana. //

vs