[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva as the son of Brahma

D Gayatri dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 04:39:57 CDT 2016

 In this context, you may refer to my previous reply to Shri Venkatraghavan.

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2016-August/041989.html

Even if you consider this sarvajna Ishwara as Shiva, there is no way to
show that this Shiva is Brahman.

Also, for the record, the word Umapati is applied to Bhagavan Narasimha in
the Narasimha tapani upanishad and so the sarvajna Ishwara could equally be
Bhagavan Narasimha  -

http://www.omjai.org/Nrisimha%20Poorva%20Tapaniya%20Upanishad

[Bhagawan Narasimha who is partly human and partly lion shines as
Parabrahma with Rutha (discipline of the visible world) and Sathya (basic
truth). He appears with two colours viz. black and golden red. His nature
is to go up and he has a very terrible and fearsome stare but he is a
“Sankara” doing good to people. He is called “Neela Lohitha (He who is red
and black)” because his neck is black and the top of it is red. In another
of his aspects he is Umapathi (husband of Uma) and Pasupathi (Lord of all
beings). He holds the bow called “Pinaka” and has great luster. He is the
god of all knowledge. He is god of all beings. He is the Lord of all Vedas.
He is the boss of Brahma and He is praised by Yajur Veda. ....]