[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva

R Krishnamoorthy srirudra at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:20:38 CDT 2016

Dears
IMHO this sort of discussion will lead to more and more quotes from
relevant upanishads serving no purpose. By this what is required to be
achieved? "Whether Sri Sankara agrees that Sri Vishnu is the Brahman and
not SriShiva
Namaste

Based on Sruti or bhAshya refs, one may accept Vishnu as vedAntic Brahman
(Ishwara) while other may accept Shiva as vedAntic Brahman (Ishwara) while
some other may accept yet another. (at vyavahArika)

Why is there a need to establish or claim, based on these refs, that Vishnu
or Shiva alone as vedAntic Brahman, while refuting the other ?

Is it because of the reality is invested in both Vishnu and Shiva, that one
needs to be negated completely from Ishwaratva, so that the other alone can
be given the Ishwara status ?

Pl share the contextual background behind these sharings of viewpoints or
observations..

Thanks

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 2:56 PM, D Gayatri via Advaita-l <

> > For an academician let that part not be an interpolation.  For a
Vedantin