[Advaita-l] avidya vs maayaa - What is the difference? Part III

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 03:39:19 CST 2016

Namaste Chandramouliji,
What I meant to say was that some difference is admitted between the two by
some AchAryas. To me, that is clear from the description of the prakriyas.

My preference is for both to be viewed as the same, but if someone else
wishes to hold them as different due to differences of function, effect,
etc. that is their prerogative. I don't think it harms siddhAnta.

Appayya DIkshitar may have talked about Bhamati elsewhere in the work, but
in this particular section that I looked at, these are the four views he
mentions.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan