[Advaita-l] Gayatri japa

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 23:35:55 CST 2016

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Durga Prasad Janaswamy via Advaita-l <

> Hari Om,
> Pranams.
>
> My relative is performing upanayanam of his son in Feb 2017.
> My relative does not do Sandhyavanadanam.
> Should my relative do some Gayatri japa before actual upanayanam date? If
> so, how many?

Since there is enough time left, please ask your friend to do a total of
10,000 gayatri japa over the period completing the number before the
upanayanam. In a worst case scenario, your friend can at least ask a good
brahmin friend of his or a purohita to perform the above number, by giving
a sizable dakshina, fee, for the job.

regards
vs