[Advaita-l] Fwd: "time" as defined in Vedanta pariBAsha.

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 05:33:42 CST 2016

Namaste Sri Praveen Ji,

Reg  <<  Without going into specifics of how long is the प्रलय, we do know
that there is a duration after which there is पुनस्सृष्टि। Even if someone
were to say that the duration is not consistent across creations, still it
has to be inferred that there is a duration.>>

And << This ticking may be मिथ्या, but it is necessarily inferred to be
there during प्रलय।>>,

Not so I think. माया (mayA) also is inferred to be there before Creation.
But the basis for that is Shruti. Not just a logical inference. But there
is no such shruti backing for inferring that time should be there मिथ्या
(mithya) or otherwise. In the absence of that, in my view, it would not be
appropriate to make such an assertion.