[Advaita-l] Fwd: "time" as defined in Vedanta pariBAsha.

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 11:12:58 CST 2016

Namaste Chandramouli ji,

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 7:47 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Reg  << I didn't make *just* a logical inference >>
>

> and  << That is an unfair view please.>>,
>

> I think the second observation is a consequence of your reaction to the
> first one. The word “just” in my previous post was not in any way intended
> to mean an unreasoned casual conclusion on your part. You may consider it
> as just a casual unintended observation on my part. And this time the word
> “just” is intended. Please consider it as withdrawn. My apologies.

Thanks for your clarification, though there is no need for an apology.
Usually when the word just is used, especially contrasting it with
something that is based on Shruti, it means केवलतर्क। Hence my response
with that understanding as the basis.

I intentionally assume that all the questions you have framed at the end of
> your post is a consequence of the above misunderstanding and hence leave
> them unanswered.

Nonetheless, the set of questions were divorced from that and is it not you
alone, but if anyone else too who has another way to interpret Sutasamhita
verse for समन्वय is more than welcome.

> I think an otherwise interesting discussion has again turned sour and
> would like to terminate it on my part without any rancour.

My apologies too, if you think our discussion turned sour. There was no
such feeling on my part. My response was only as to the discussion takes
the healthy debate mode, nothing more was intended. There is no need to
terminate the same; I'd be happy to see your perspective on one or more of
the questions. Thanks for indulging me.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */