[Advaita-l] Is study of Vedanta necessary?

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 1 09:11:26 CST 2016

Dear Sir,               Yes, Indeed intensive study of vedanta is essential for Self-Realizaion as Vedanta only can provide logical solutions, clarify the Tarkas . Faith only not sufficient (Exceptional cases may be there) to reach the ultimate. Some times by knowing everything we need to convince our selfs where we have not seen the thing ( I mean there is no sakshi). Vedanta only clearly differentiates subject/object relation ships.Let vedanta be Apoursheyam but it gives some direction in a situation where we stucked.Sadaji, you are the best vedanta teacher, How can we comment in which we don't have any knowledge. why I put like this, my personal experience, some years back may be in the year 2000, Swami dayananda Saraswati visited our place and spoke almost 90 minutes continiously. At that time , I was just a research scholar in the Rasayana sastra and struggling to go forward in the research work and came to conclusion to leave that work.
To be frank with you, his 90 minutes introductory lecture on vedanta made to think in the different direction and paved the path in my mind to complete my research work. My prostrations to him for keeping some much conviction and clear understanding in the words.
Hence I feel it is very much necessary for the beginners at least.
regardsKameswara Rao