[Advaita-l] Nyaya Sudha Objections 2

Aurobind Padiyath aurobind.padiyath at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 02:24:04 CST 2016

Hari Om! Venkateshji,

1. The question "if there is no Bondage and no Moksha
what is there to do Inquiry into Brahman?" is absolutely correct. But it
depends what the Jeeva is feeling himself to be. Nitya Sudhah Mukthah or
does he identify himself as the embodied individual. If he is "knowing"
that he is the first one then the question you asked is well founded. Even
the Srushti admits that Veda becomes Avedah, in that"knowing".
In Mandukya there is a term called अभूत अभिनिवेशम् . The Jeeva when he
thinks he is the embodied self he is in that. An illusion of bondage. That
which he himself has entangled but forgot about it. Like a person leaning
on to a vibrating pillar asking why am I shaking? Is he really shaking
himself? No. Was he in permanent state of that? No. The moment he
disassociate himself from that pillar he will know the truth. Another
example is of getting scared of a ghost. Which can even result in a death
for the faint hearted. But never was the ghost real in all the three times.
Up on enlightening the object the ghost which was not there ever, did it
get really destroyed? No. In all the three times the truth of the
non-existance of the ghost alone is true.
So the effort for removing the अभिनिवेशम् is called Brahmajignasa.

2. Your question "
if there is no Bondage and no Moksha
what is there to do Inquiry into Brahman?" is again depends on what is the
experience of the Jeeva now. Like the tenth man of the story the illusory
loss of one of his team mates plunged him into sorrow? He could cross over
his sorrow only on knowing the truth. To cross over illusion the dawn of
the right knowledge is a must and hence an inquiry into the truth.

Hari Om!
Aurobind Padiyath

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:38 Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <

Aurobind Padiyath
+91-9689755499