[Advaita-l] About beef eating in Upanishada

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 23:29:08 CST 2016

The commentator Sankara Bhagavatpada has explained the Brihadarnyaka
passage as the meat of an ox are male calf.
He used the word "पुंगव". He did not mention any herbs. Since Sankara
is earlier in time and supposed to have known the tradition better
than us the moderners, I think we have to accept his explanation.
Besides this there are many places where beef eating has been
mentioned.
It is sheer waste of time to pursue these things.
regards,
Sarma.