[Advaita-l] avidya is Agantuka

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 00:27:48 CST 2016

A clarification/correction. Reg my earlier post

<< avidyA (अविद्या) is not considered to be adventitous (आगन्तुक) which
implies repititous comig and going.  >>,

adventitous (आगन्तुक) can be considered as having both beginning and end .
Thus with reference to specific sthUla sharIra( स्थूल शरीर ), the
kAraNasharIra (कारणशरीर ) is considered adventitous (आगन्तुक) even though
kAraNasharIra (कारणशरीर ) by itself for a Jiva is considered anAdi ( अनादि)
.

I am offering this clarification in advance anticipating objections on this
count !!

Regards