[Advaita-l] Sakshi Pratyaksham and Avidya Vritti

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 07:19:34 CST 2016

Venkataraghavan - PraNAms.

It comes under saaskipratyama by process of elimination - it is not indriya pratyaksha or shaabda pratyaksha - as long as jnaana vRitti and vishaya sambandha is there.

Saakshi pratyaksha is also truely speaking a figurative since it is only by the process of negation of the other two. From Saakshii point there is no pratyaksha or paroksha as there is no other vishayas to begin with. However - we call it as saaskhi pratyaksha

In the saakshi pratyaksha there are two types: 1. antaH karaNa and 2. kaarana shareera pratyaksha . The sukham duhkama and dreams etc come under antahkarana pratyaksha while - avidyaa comes under kaarana shareera pratyaksha. - In the later it is only subtle mind - it is a mental process as in akhandaakara ajnana vRitti - as I do not know - the subject-object duality in the deep sleep state.

Hope this helps

Hari Om!
Sadananda