[Advaita-l] Question? - Is Guru necessary?

Srirudra srirudra at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 08:04:02 CST 2016

Dears
I am of the opinion a guru in flesh and blood is better to have as our doubts however trivial can be got cleared.On line learning is like an IVR and it will be going on telling the recorded ones but you can not interact with it.Not that it is not useful.It is a one way traffic.About having great Maharishis /mutt heads who have left us for their heavenly abode as our gurus does not come under this online listening as their teachings are usually compiled by way of question and answers and their talks recorded which can be listened to .These are authentic than some scholar giving explanations for the queries which may not be in tune with our scriptural instructions.
And inspiration also serves an important ingredient.R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad