[Advaita-l] Question? - Is Guru necessary?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 19:42:19 CST 2016

Venkatraghavanji - PraNAms

Yes we need a guru. My question is also one can listen to a sampradaya teacher on line now a days - and get clarification of the issues you have raised. Supposed I listen on line to Swami Paramarthanandaji talks - the questions you have raised will be answered. Now a days many on line talks are available to an earnest seeker.

Do I need to have a personal contact with the guru?

Can I be just a elkalavya shiya and gain the knowledge?

Should contact with the guru required on personal basis?  Should be alive in Physical form?

Hari Om!
Sada