[Advaita-l] sarvAtma bhAva as explained by Bhagavatpada

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 04:20:03 CDT 2016

Sri *श्रीमल्ललितालालितः**  Ji,  *

*Pranams.  *

You observed  << We
accept that GYAna leads to videhamukti and if it is accompanied by
yoga/upAsanA and vAsanA-xaya it leads to jIvanmukti, which is just
unperturbed-ness of mind.>>.

I presume you also imply that yoga/upAsanA and vAsanA-xaya could be
accomplished subsequent to GYAna by the ज्ञानि (jñāni) to achieve
jIvanmukti. This is admitted by Swami Vidyaranya in his work
जीवन्मुक्तिविवेक (jīvanmuktiviveka). The ज्ञानि (jñāni) in this school of
thought ( there are other schools of thought as well concerning jIvanmukti
) engages himself continuously in निदिध्यासन (nididhyāsana) only.  Would
the दृष्टिसृष्टिप्रक्रिया / एकजीवप्रक्रिया (dṛṣṭisṛṣṭiprakriyā /
ekajīvaprakriyā) be the appropriate प्रक्रिया (prakriyā) for this निदिध्यासन
 (nididhyāsana) ??  From your response to one of my earlier posts, I do
believe you are very averse to the  दृष्टिसृष्टिप्रक्रिया / एकजीवप्रक्रिया
(dṛṣṭisṛṣṭiprakriyā / ekajīvaprakriyā) . But still I thought it would be
better to check with you if this would be appropriate for a ज्ञानि (jñāni)
engaged only in निदिध्यासन (nididhyāsana) to achieve jIvanmukti.

Pranams and Regards