[Advaita-l] About Satyakama

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Jun 28 07:54:18 CDT 2016

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016, Ravi Kiran via Advaita-l wrote:

> Fail to understand in what way these discussions are helping to aid in Atma
> vicAra or paramArtha jnAna ( Atmaikatva jnAna) ?
>
> or how is it relevant for discussion in Advaita-L ?

The upanishad mentions it.  Shankaracharya commented on it.  What more
relevance do you need?

> By indulging in or promoting controversies, what has one to gain here ?

One of the vedantic virtues is titiksha.  One should not shy away from the
truth because it might be "controversial."  Frankly I don't even see why
it would be controversial but evidently some of the English Medium set
think so.