[Advaita-l] मदालसायाः आलोलिका (स्वापिका) (The Lullaby of Queen Madalasa)

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 23:57:45 CST 2016

Subbuji - PraNAms

Yes. Now I remember her name. Thanks for clarification.

Hari Om!
Sada

 Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] मदालसायाः आलोलिका (स्वापिका) (The Lullaby of Queen Madalasa)
 To: "kuntimaddi sadananda" <kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com>, "A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
 Date: Thursday, March 3, 2016, 12:44 AM

 On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at
 7:08 AM, kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <
 wrote:

 > Sreeramji - My
 PraNams

 > Beautiful.
 With your permission I would like post in facebook.

 > Just curious - is
 this episode from Yoga vaashiShta? There there is a
 > story that the queen later initiates her
 husband. We have husband teaching
 > wife
 as in Maitreyee brahmana. Here it is the other way.

 Sada
 ji,

 The episode that you
 have in mind is perhaps of the 'Chūḍālā -
 Śikhidvaja
 royal couple'.  Here, first
 the queen becomes enlightened and later the
 husband, thinking that leaving the palace, etc.
 will help him, renounces.
 In the forest, he
 strives hard, but does not succeed. Later, Chudala, in
 the guise of a brahmacharin, instructs him and
 now he becomes a jnani.

 regards
 subbu