[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Mar 15 01:32:01 CDT 2016

praNAms
Hare Krishna

In Chadogya - it says To establish that - eka viynaanena sarva vijnaanam bhavati - knowing one-thing one can know everything - Uddaalaka says it is possible since creation is only - namesake - He gives three example to illustrate and repeats the statement - vaachaarambhanam vikaaro naamadheyam - one becoming many is only terms only namesake as they involve only name and form - just as gold becoming ornaments, just as mud becoming pots, just as iron becoming tools, etc. - same way - sat - Chit which is one without a second became many - there is no real creation and there cannot be real creation also since Brahman is nirvikaaraH and creation involves vikaara.

Ø   And yes, this nAma rUpa when perceived independently from brahman it is mithya only instead of looking the reality of  name and form of  ring, bracelet it is looking at the reality of gold.  When we look at the gold which is kAraNa the socalled nAma rUpa is satyaM only na anrutaM and when the ring and bracelet perceived independently apart from gold it is anrutameva clarifies shankara in the same chAndOgya.  Here eka vejnAna is knowing the kAraNa which is one and without second behind kArya (nAma & rUpa).  When we realize  the gold which is the svarUpa vAchAraMbhaNaM, then we know the truth behind this vAchAraMbhaNam.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar