[Advaita-l] Query on Titiksha in Sadhana Catushtaya

Nithin Sridhar sridhar.nithin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 02:08:00 CDT 2016

Adi Shankaracharya defines Titiksha as forbearance of all sorrow, without
any feeling of revenge etc. and having the mind unagitated. (a free
translation). I guess this definition appears in Vivekachoodamni.

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Venkatesh Murthy (वेङ्कटेशः
सीतारामार्यपुत्रः) <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

>  Namaste
>
> In Sadhana Catushtaya they say Titiksha is bearing heat and cold. But
> in modern day the bad effect of pollution is there. In India you can
> see Pollution Index Real Time map
>
> http://aqicn.org/map/india/
>
> Question: Is Titiksha also means tolerating pollution? Because in
> olden days there was no pollution like today. Why should we tolerate
> pollution?
>

> --
> Regards
>
> -Venkatesh