[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:48:02 CDT 2016

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः**  observed  *

<< Problem with bhAskar is that he consider bhAShya-vAkyam pramANa in the
sense Agama-s are. And, that's why svAmI satchidAnandendea jI appears to
put his force behind following only bhAShyam.
While sampradAya is of view that any logical position is acceptable, even
if it was never said by your AchArya. >>

I thought a clarification would be  in order. Sri Sachidanandendra
Saraswathi Swamiji no doubt put his force behind following only bhAShyam .
But he has always also held that the understanding should be logical. What
he has maintained is that the traditional (sampradAya) views elaborating on
the bhAShyam are actually not only contrary to  bhAShyam but are also
 illogical. The views expressed by Sri Bhaskar Ji in this thread do not
really represent the views of the Swamiji and to be fair to him nor has Sri
Bhaskar Ji claimed anywhere in this thread that he is presenting the views
of the Swamiji.

I think it is only fair that the name of the Swamiji is not brought into
this discussion. This inspite of the fact that I myself do not always go
along with the views of the Swamiji.