[Advaita-l] 'Tirupati Sri Venkatesvara-Balaji (Origin, Significance and History of the Shrine)'

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 02:49:42 CDT 2016

Namaste Subbu ji,

Very interesting quote from Tirumandiram - the translation of வேங்கடம்
(Venkatam) in this sloka that I have seen is வெம்+ கடம் (perishable -
literally burning - body).

It is very difficult to draw worldly conclusions from a direct conclusion
of siddha works because of the frequent use of sandhyA bhASha (indirect
/hidden meanings).

Regards,
Venkatraghavan
On 29 Mar 2016 8:27 a.m., "V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l" <