[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Ranjit V vranjit49 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 02:59:46 CDT 2016

Namaste Bhaskarji

Even all the other schools of philosophy quote the same scriptures but their interpretation is different. So merely quoting Shankara bhashya ‎means nothing.  This is not a fiction novel which can be interpreted as per one's fancy and which is inconsequential. Understanding the elementary concepts free from doubts is the key for firm conviction, Nishta.

So in my humble opinion, proclaiming one's own understanding as the siddhanta without validation from a guru who is sampradayavit is a great insult to the gurus. Ridiculing and insulting their own guru may be the tenets of other school but not Advaita.

I have seen some people who have started a new trend that Shankara was right but his students misinterpreted or something of that sort. So can we accept that the legends like Vachaspati Misra, Appayya Dikshita, Sadashiva Brahmendra etc were incorrect in their understanding.