[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 08:49:55 CDT 2016

Pranams to all.

I just recap my last post for the sake of completeness.

<< Sri Bhaskar Ji

 Pranams.

You observe

<< When it was said in shAstra that brahman is the both upAdAna and nimitta
kAraNa it is not like milk has become curd nor it is like father has become
father to his somany sons >>.

 The examples cited essentially pertain to pariNama upAdAna kAraNa. Since
you are negating it the only other upAdAna kAraNa left is vivarta upAdAna
kAraNa. Then why shy away from saying so ??

 Regards  >>

Unquote.

Sri Bhaskar Ji has responded  with the following.

<< If the labelling of it in a particular way is so important in the
context of this discussion, so be it prabhuji as you wish >>.

Unquote

Since he has nothing further to say on the issue here I would like to
complete what I have to say on the issue.

It is not a question of nomenclature or labelling. It is Sidhanta.
According to Advaita Sishanta

<< Brahman is abhinna nimitta ( vivarta)  upadAna kAraNa for kArya jagat>>.

Since jagat is vivarta in Brahman, it is mithya, by definition.