[Advaita-l] Ramopakhyana of Mahabharata vs. the Uttara Kanda of Ramayana

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 16:02:01 CDT 2016

Namaste,

 Puranic data indicate that Lord Ram lived around 6,000 BCE to 7,000 BCE.

Regards,
Sunil K.B.

 Subject: [Advaita-l] Ramopakhyana of Mahabharata vs. the Uttara Kanda of	Ramayana
 To: advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
 Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 12:01 PM

 //////////////

 My sole reason for this particular thread on Ramopakhyana is

 to question the dating of the Uttara Kanda -- whether or not
 it formed part
 of the original Valmiki Ramayana, nothing else!

 ////////////

 Read the rAmAyaNa properly..

 चतुर् विंशत् सहस्राणि
 श्लोकानाम् उक्तवान्
 ऋषिः |
 तथा सर्ग शतान् पंच षट्
 काण्डानि तथा उत्तरम्
 ||१-४-२

 ...All the 7 kANDAs were composed simultaneously.

 That is the reason I have mentioned about those foreign
 scholars who tried to
 fix the date.

 Keith fixes the date as 320 BC; Prof.Jacobi fixes as 6 BC.

 There are more such fascinating dates from Indian scholars
 like Prof.Bhandarkar, Sri.Chintamani Vaidya,

 We must go by what tradition says after proper study of
 shAstra
 without carrying away by whims & fancies of western
 indologists !