[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Tue May 10 02:39:43 CDT 2016

Namaste,

An interesting thing to note is that ‘samsāra’ is not used by bhagavān in
gītā. The word used is ‘vishva’ or 'jagat' as mentioned in BG 9.4 and BG
9.5 and in other verses like BG 7.6.
The asvattha tree in BG 15.3 is often translated is 'samsāra vr̥ksha'.

It seems that the word ‘samsāra’ means ‘jīva-sṛṣṭi’ or ‘mano-sṛṣṭi’, while
vishva or jagat means the world created by Īshvara.

Any thoughts on this?

OM

Sujal