[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed May 25 00:51:17 CDT 2016

Namaste Chandramouliji,

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 7:28 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Reg  << Shruti-based logic, that is, based on उपपत्ति लिङ्ग among the
> षड्लिङs used for the तात्पर्यनिर्णय of the Shruti.>>,
>

> That is just my query.  All the षड्लिङs (SaDlinGa)  must be used for
> तात्पर्यनिर्णय (tAtparyanirNaya ) of the Shruti. But here only the उपपत्ति
> लिङ्ग (upapatti linga)  among the षड्लिङs (SaDlinGa)  is used for the
> तात्पर्यनिर्णय (tAtparyanirNaya ) of the Shruti. That leads to my query.

My reply was in the context of the point of contention made by you earlier,
which was that the logic is used here is like other darShanas, that is
without Shruti-basis, whereas I said that it is Shruti-based logic since
Shruti uses this लिङ्ग among the six. It is a different matter whether the
author of the work chose to use only one or few of the Shruti- लिङ्गs to
explain a प्रक्रिया. And that by itself need not take away the fact that it
is based on Shruti.

praNAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */