[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** The five pUrva pakshis of vaitathya prakaraNa

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 09:04:24 CDT 2016

PraNAms

Just my 2c – since I did not follow the intricate logic presented in the previous posts.
 I had some discussion before on the topic – who slept well?  - in essence describing the
 deep-sleep state based on the 11th Ch. Of Pancadashi of Shree Vidyaranya.

As Vidyaranya says – the deep sleep state or praajna involves – anandamaya kosha which
 is essentially ‘a sheath’ that as though covers the self – It is also called kaarna Shareera.
 In the process of going to deep sleep state – the annamaya kosha folds into praanamaya and
praanamaya folds into manomaya and manomaya into vijnaana maya – and when vijnaaana maya is
folded into its subtle form it is called anandamaya kosha. Still there is a chidaabhaasa
enlivening the folded maid, expressing as the life-principle. Essential physiological functions
 are maintained – since cause to maintain the body – kaarana shreera is there since deep
sleep state is not liberated state.

Since vijnaana maya is folded there is absence of subject-object duality or absence of any
differentiation of subject and object distinctions – which manifests as akhanda ajnaana
vRitti – of constant – I do not know – knowledge. This knowledge of ‘I do not know’ due
to lack of subject-object duality is expressible only when the mind can express it – that
 is in the waking state. Because of the absence of this subject-object duality – it is
also perceived as uniform reflected ananda – since any perceived duality causes fear
and suffering. Thus – I do not know – I am happy and I slept well – are the three
modes of the recollection of that deep sleep state experience by the waker’s mind.

Also in the Madukya Up. the deep sleep state from the point of Samashti is defined
as Iswara – Hence the avidya from the point of totality not referred to avidya
but maayaa and the locus is Iswara.

In the mantra 7 both vyashTi and samashTi aspects or jeeva with avidya at local
lever and Iswara with mayaa at the global level of the deep-sleep states are negated.

Hari Om!
Sadananda