[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Re: The five pUrva pakshis of vaitathya prakaraNa

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 11:12:54 CST 2016

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 9:55 PM, Ravi Kiran via Advaita-l <

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <
>
> > Namaste Sri Chandramouliji,
> >
> > The reason the presence of turIya is not highlighted in the email is
> > because that is not the focus of what is being discussed - which is
> whether
> > an objective assessment of reality of the world can be made when being a
> > part of the world. Despite being present, turIya is not part of the
> world -
> > mANDUkya says he is prapanchopashamam.
> >
> > We cannot take either the waker's assessment or the dreamer's assessment
> > of reality as truth, because each of them associate themselves with the
> > instruments of experience, which are very much part of the world that
> they
> > are assessing.
> >

> Even though prAjnan being sarvesvaraḥ, sarvajna, sarvontaryAmi, sarvasya
> yonih, prajnAna ghana...

This being the seed, cause, of the waking/dream samsāra has been explicitly
stated by Shankara to be the Brahman of a lower order, for, Shankara
reasons, in this Mandukya bhashya itself, if jīva-s were to merge in the
Supreme Nirguṇa Brahman, during deep sleep and pralaya, there will be no
way they can emerge after these two states, for the Veda says: Upon
reaching That, there is no return. So, Shankara says that the Brahman that
the jīva-s obtain during sleep and pralaya is necessarily sa-beeja
brahman.  Certainly such an Īśvara (sa-beeja Brahman) is within the realm
of māyā, creation, and therefore not the Supreme.  Hence alone the Turiya
is differentiated even from Ishvara.

regards
vs