[Advaita-l] Appreciating a Dikshitar song

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 04:29:01 CDT 2016

A young Engineer, Ashrit of Bengaluru, was my neighbor some years back.
Even as a student he was interested in so many aspects of our culture.
Coming from a Srivaishnava family, he was naturally interested in
devotional literature of his sect. He was a fine student of Sanskrit too
and won special prizes in competitions in school for mono acting, etc. When
I was teaching Veda to some persons from the neighborhood, Ashrit too
joined and made the best use of the classes.

Even while in Engg college, Ashrit would spend at least a week in Chennai
during the December music season attending concerts.  Vishakha Hari is one
of his favorites.  He also started learning music here and this is a fine
presentation on many aspects of Muthuswamy Dikshitar's song 'Meenaakshi mey
mudam dehi..'.  He is not rendering the song per se but highlighting
various points that we might look forward to while listening to this song
in a concert.

http://youtu.be/JWbKa2F_O3I

regards

subrahmanian.v