[Advaita-l] Supremacy of Siva as Brahman

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Thu Sep 1 02:50:03 CDT 2016

Namaste,

Supremacy of Shiva over Vishnu / Vishnu over Shiva are irrelevant topics in advaita.
And that is why, to sort of these petty issues, Acharya Sankara incarnated to unify us.

Several years back, before taking panchAyatana, I used to argue like this.

Thanks to panchAyAtana worship that I am now done with the feeling of
narrow religious bigotry and quarrel over petty & silly aspects over
supremacy of dEvata.

We need to rise above these petty issues .....O how long we would be trapped in this
quagmire of supremacy of one god over another....

Seems to be childish ....quarrelling for a particular toy in the shop