[Advaita-l] Encounter between Madhvacharya and a Sringeri Pontiff

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 01:29:44 CDT 2016

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 1:38 AM, Krishnaprakasha Bolumbu <
kpbolumbu01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sumadhva vijaya is a misnomer. Dvaita scholar bannanje govindacharya
> mentions this in his discourses. Even shivalli  smartas is a misnomer.
> Shivalli is a village in udupi. It would be more appropriate to say tuluva
> smarta.

Thanks for your views/response. I think you are aware that another scholar
Vishnudāsāchārya Nagendra refutes the above stated view of Vidwan Bannanje.
I have not yet heard the audio that the scholar has sent me on WhatsApp.

There are many names of sects/communities that are attached to a place:
Baḍaganādu, Seera nāḍu, Mulakanāḍu, Babboor Kamme, etc. Even among Madhvas
I think there are such names of sects/sub sects with places attached.

regards
subrahmanian.v