[Advaita-l] Encounter between Madhvacharya and a Sringeri Pontiff

D Gayatri dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 05:29:32 CDT 2016

And may I point out one more thing sir? According to the source, cited by
Hacker, Shankara was supposed to be peethadhipathi from 745 to 769 CE. (You
can check the book, Philology and Confrontation, page 28, if you think I am
lying. Hacker also gives his source.). Now your source says he occupied
this position till 820 CE. May I know which source to believe in and why?
Or do you think both sources are consistent? If so, please explain how?