[Advaita-l] How can prANa be Brahman?

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:40:46 CDT 2016

praNAms

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Attaining the ekatva jnana is something different from 'experiencing' that
> same ekatva jnana, like knowledge about swimming and practically swimming
> in the water
>
> > To strengthen the above line of thinking some advaitins would say that
> scriptures (shAstra) are just like an instruction manual and knowledge
> obtained from it needs to be put into test in the  'lab'.  According to
> them there is a difference between two stages i.e. vijnAna (theoretical
> knowledge of scriptures) and 'prajnA ( practically experiencing the
> theoretical knowledge of scriptures).

Hence there is terminology like Atma sAkshAtkAra, AtmAvagati, Atma darshana
> etc.  Ofcourse these developments are based on shruti vAkya 'vijnAya
> prajnAm kurveeta' from bruhadaaraNyaka.  It is because of this reason in
> the prakaraNa grantha like  viveka chudaamaNi and others, experiencing the
> nirvikalpa samAdhi has been given utmost importance.

would be interested to hear if one, after having attained ekatva jnAna from
Sruti shravanAdi sAdhana and later took recourse to Yogic samAdhi practices
(why?) and having to experience Atma sAkshAtkAra or AtmAvagati or Atma
darshana in nirvikalpaka samAdhi and if one can share the similarity or
contrast (difference) with the ekatva Atma jnAna attained earlier, from
one's very own experience, in one's very own words ..?

I am sure, many on this list here would be interested to hear such
experiences directly from a living Yogi...

Thanks