[Advaita-l] Maadhyahnika in Sayana bhashya

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 22:07:04 CDT 2016

Dhanyavaada,Ravi

    On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:22 PM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Ravi Chandrasekhara <vadhula at yahoo.com> wrote:

Namaste Shri VS,
Would you be able to provide the Sanskrit verses if you have time.

Pl. see those verses with translation/notes on this page:
http://www.valmikiramayan.net/utf8/baala/sarga23/bala_23_frame.htm
regardsvs

Dhanyavaada,Ravi Chandrasekhara

Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 13, 2016, at 00:56, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 3:10 AM, ravi chandrasekhara <vadhula at yahoo.com> wrote:

Pranam to all,
Please provide reference from Ramayana (actual khanda, etc) stating Bhagawan Rama performed Sandhya-Vandana.I would like it for my personal reference.

In the Bālakāṇda 23rd sarga verses 2, 3 and 4 taken together gives you the reference for Rama and Lakshmana having performed the sandhyā vandana, Gāyatri japa, agnikārya (they are brahmacharins then). The Govindaraja commentary gives this information. The verse 2 is the famous 'kausalyāsuprajā.....'