[Advaita-l] Advaita and Madhyamika Buddhism

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 07:02:43 CDT 2016

No problem Chandramouliji, I presented my views, you are welcome to
disagree.

The point I am making is not whether study of VichAra sAgara in particular
can lead to jnAna or not, but whether the study of any grantha that
expounds Vedanta in any language under a competent AchArya can lead to
jnAna or not. I believe it can. What is important is whether jnAna can be
created and for that one needs a pramAta, prameya and pramANa.

With respect to Atma jnAna, anything which is based on shruti in any
language can be a pramANa provided there is a competent guru who has
himself studied the shAstra and is able to correctly transmit the
information.

There is nothing mystical about the vedic text or the Sanskrit language in
particular that precludes other texts in other languages from being able to
be a pramANa. Further, nothing mystical is needed.

If you disagree with this, that is fine, let's agree to disagree.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan