[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharshi - Advaitin or Neo Advaitin?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:48:12 CDT 2016

Namaste

I appreciate your boldness to challenge Ramana Maharshi. There is
nothing wrong in challenging a famous person. We should not follow
famous persons like sheep. I agree.

The confusion by Neo Advaita is happening because of Sankara Bhashyas
only. They are wrongly interpreting Sankara's criticism of Purva
Meemamsa and concluding all rituals are bad. All religious practices
are bad. Forget all differences of caste and gender. All this is
Maayaa.

But if you listen to Sringeri Swamijis they are not giving talks on
Upanisad Vakyas all the time. They are talking about our culture our
Dharma and our conduct most of the time.

If Adi Sankara was alive today and writing Bhashyas what he would
write when he knows all the Vedic culture is dying and already dead in
North India. In entire states in North India there are no proper
Purohitas knowing correct procedure of our Samskaaras like Upanayana
and Vivaha. There are no Vedas studies in many states. Brahmins don't
know what Veda and Gotra they are.

Imagine what Adi Sankara would write if he was alive today. Will he
write another criticism of Purva Meemamsa when the number Purva
Meemamsa scholars can counted on fingers? It will be a joke.

-Venkatesh