[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharshi - Advaitin or Neo Advaitin?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Sep 23 05:42:52 CDT 2016

Thank you for giving another view than that of familiar sampradAya which is traditional. If we take past life into account than many things that a GYAnI undergoes in this life like sravaNa, manan, etc is already accomplished in past life of some dhyana siddha yoga brashTa jIvAtmA-s.

praNAms Sri Sujal prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, according to this provision, any person, who his / her followers think that he is  brahma jnAni would become sAMpradAyik Acharya :-) since his followers can always argue that  he completed the formalities in pUrva janma/janma-s itself to bring him within the ambit of orthodox saMpradAya :-)    BTW, the discussion about phala of shravaNAdi sAdhana in sUtra bhAshya (IhikAdhikaraNa)  is not to ignore  the sAmpradAyik background in current janma of the jnAni / sAdhaka, it is there to discuss the issues like,  if there is any obstruction due to karmAntara vipAka, the shravaNAdi sAdhana would not bear the fruit (jnana) in previous janma however if there is no obstruction as such in this janma the sAdhaka of shravanAdi sAdhana would get the jnana in current janma itself etc.  At any stretch of our imagination we cannot hold it as pramANa to justify the lack of saMpradAya of a particular jnAni :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar