[Advaita-l] QUESTION ON THARPANA&SRADHA

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Sep 23 07:13:10 CDT 2016

praNAms
Hare Krishna
Finding a good Muhurta involves looking at all the five elements of the panchAnga, namely, tithi, vAra, nakShatra, yoga, and karaNa. The weekday or vAra is just one of the factors. Although sUrya is considered to be a malefic in JyotiSha, the degree of his malevolence is not as great as that of Kuja and shani. So you will find that in many cases, if other factors are auspicious, Sundays become acceptable. Another obvious reason is, of course, the fact that Sunday is a holiday for working people and everyone can attend the event, which makes Sunday muhurtas particularly attractive and convenient.

>  Yes, as you have rightly observed Sunday is the most preferable day one can attend function without applying for leave :-)  One more clarification, these muhurtha-s differ from one vedi to another prabhuji ?? Because I have seen in Sringeri Kannada paNchAnga,  it has been mentioned ' idu rigvedigaLige prashastavAda muhurtavalla' ( this muhurtha is not good for Rigvedi-s).

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar