[Advaita-l] Be Still - A message from Thāyumānavar

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 28 05:17:35 CDT 2016

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Nice to see the similarity of Chitta referenced here to the Turiyan ( Chitta ) spandana.. (चित्तेक्षणीयत्वात्* , *चित्तमेव )

>  Now the question is whether 'Be still' is an approved traditional method to establish oneself in brahman??  To realize brahman, saMpradAya recommends shAstra vAkya shravaNa, manana and nidhidhyAsana, in other words it prescribes a method that has to be continuous in our manas i.e mAnasa kriya, whereas 'be still' seems asking us to do nothing!!  Where shravaNAdi sAdhana fits in this practice or method of 'chumma iru' or 'be still' ??  Whether is this (be still) state which is ultimate state like 'nirvishesha' 'niravayavatva' of brahman 'after' doing shravaNAdi traditional sAdhana OR 'be still' method does not call for any traditional sAdhana like vedAnta vAkya shravaNAdi sAdhana??  If it is latter then it is untraditional way of doing sAdhana from which we don’t get brahma jnana because in tradition ONLY vAkya ( in shabda pramANa) janita jnana would fetch us the ultimate svarUpa jnana nothing else.  NAnyaH pathA ayanAya vidyate..is the veda declaration.

Would like to know how 'summa-iru' and nAn yaar (who am I) are traditionally accepted method to do brahma jignAsa.  Any pointer would be highly appreciated.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar