[Advaita-l] 'Who Am I?' - Eminently Upaniṣadic

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Thu Sep 29 07:19:04 CDT 2016

//

What is your opinion on the author's comment on 'old lore' (scriptures /shAstra)
and asking us to give more credence to the maharshi vAkya as against shAstra??

//

My is opinion is that of Bhavabhuti's statement vide उत्तररामचरित​ as:

लौकिकानां हि साधूनां अर्थं वाक् अनुवर्तते ।
ऋषीणां पुनराद्यानां वाचं अर्थोऽनुधावती ॥

"Wise men speak about real happenings. But the words spoken by sages become reality after they are uttered"

regs,
Sriram