[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Re: Anjanaa Suta Hanuman Stotra by Sridhara Swami

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Sat Dec 2 02:57:25 EST 2017

Namaste,

My old post:

////////////

A great rAma-bhakta and advaita scholar by name brahmasri parasuramapantula lingamurthy garu,
once got a vision of bhagavan rAmchandra who instructed lingamurthy garu to translate the
Adhyatma Ramayana into telugu.  He was instructed by rAmachandra to compose
a gloss on “rAma-hridaya” of Adhyatma-Ramayana
which is pregnant with advaita-siddhAnta.

His adhyAtma guru-parampara starts with Jagatguru Dattatreya and the sampradaya is as follows:

Dattatreya > janardana yogi > Eko-guruswami > narahari maheshaguruswami > nagoji ramaguru > koneru guru > mahadeva guru

Thus, Shri.Lingamurthy Garu composed a magnus opus called “sItArAmAnjanEya-samvAda”.
A beautiful work and gloss on “rAma-hridaya” which culminates in universal vision of advaita.
This was said to be composed in 1760 AD.

The following are the last verses.  After imparting the Upanishad vidya
to Shri Anjaneya, Lord ramachandra asks shri Anjaneya
whether He had understood the teaching properly or not.

Shri Anjaneya replies thus as:

O Lord Ramachandra ! Thou art the form of brahmavidya
who is always sought after by rajayogis; thou art the
substratum of creation; thou art the repository of “aparoksha-jnana”.

Saying so, shri anjaneya says as:

dEhabuddhyA(a)smi dAsOham jIvabuddhyA tvadamshakah
AtmAbuddhyA tvamEva aham iti mE nishchitA matih

When I identify myself with “dEha”, I am thy servant;
when I identify myself with “jiva”, I am an aspect of thine;
when I shed both these abhimAnAs ie., jiva-bhAva & dEha-bhAva;
and identify with “kuTastha”, I am thee.

This secret I understood with thy grace O rAmachandra !

Regs,
sriram