[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Gnostic christians

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 20:19:07 EST 2017

Here is an exerpt from the introduction to  "The Nag Hammandi Library"
which contains sacred texts of gnostics and secret gospels of Jesus.

"Yet to know oneself, at the deepest level, is simultaneously to know God;
this is the secret of
gnosis. Another gnostic teacher, Monoimus, says:
Abandon the search for God and the creation and other matters of a similar
sort. Look for him by
taking yourself as the starting point. Learn who it is within you who makes
everything his own
and says, "My God, my mind, my thought, my soul, my body." Learn the
sources of sorrow:, joy,
love, hate . . . If you carefully investigate these matters you will find
him in yourself."

How close to Bhagavan Ramana's teaching!
regards,
Sarma.