[Advaita-l] A wonderful string of adjectives for Brahman

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Feb 15 19:52:52 EST 2017

Dear friends,
     Such strings can be gathered in many places in Sri Shankara's commentaries. I have collected such strings from Sri Shankara's commentaries for my manana.
The words that appear in such sentences point out at one's own true svarUpa, Atman/ Brahman.The main purpose of studying such sentences is to know/realize one's true svarUpa. Merely committing those words to memory is of no use and will not make one a krutArtha. One can become a krutArtha by cognizing that tattva which is one's true svarUpa towards  which the words are pointing out within oneself by oneself. It is for this purpose that one should study Upanishad mantras pertaining to AtmasvarUpa at the feet of a Guru who helps the mumukshu in cognizing the tattva within himself by himself. Sri Shankara uses the word "svAnuBavam kRutvA" which is a very profound pointer.        This is what my Revered Guru taught me and insisted upon it.

With resfectful namaskar,Sreenivasa Murthy