[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Pāśupata, Pāncharātra, etc. composed by Śiva and Viṣṇu as mohaka śāstra

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Fri Feb 17 09:30:23 EST 2017

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः*www.lalitaalaalitah.com

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 6:49 PM, D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ via Advaita-l <

> Performance of Vedic ritual is to get punya(apoorva). From the bhashya it
> appears that this punya can be got by
> vedabahya tantras.

​That's true. But, only by adhikArI-s.
And, vaidika-s are not adhikArI of tantra. Only deluded vaidika-s  out of
chAturvarNya, and women and and shUdra are ​their adhikArI-s.

In addition parameswaranugraha also.

​You have to know it clearly now:
In advaita-matam​, pleasure of Ishvara is puNya and his anger is pApa.
parameshvara does anugraha because even tantra-s are his orders, like
veda-s.
But, what does it bring to present discussion?

What else is
> needed?

​For what purpose just IshvarAnugaraha is needed and nothing else is
needed- is being said here by you? Every thing needs causes apart from
puNya-pApa. So, more things are needed indeed.
Don't try to make everything so easy, that will make Ishvara partial to
some people and harsh to some.
​

> Why janmantara VedanishTha and KRitakRityata.

​That you have to understand, '*svadharme nidhanaM shreyaH paradharmo
bhayAvahaH*' - negates *paradharma*. If some vaidika-s are shunning veda-s
and following tantra-s, they are accruing pApam, because it is negated by
bhagavAn.
So, the puNya gained by tantra-s is also coming with pApam, just as
shyena​-yAga comes with inevitable pApam. That's why shiShTa-s don't
perform shyena and hence they shun tantra-s too.

They can continue to follow the tantras and get moksha.

​No, I hope that you know that the philosophy of tantra-s is not same as
vedAnta. So, they have to follow veda anyhow!
​

> That is what
> tantras also say.

​Every shAstra and every mantra is said to give moxa. But, do any person
with thinking facility accepts them all? No, that's why mImAmsA or vichAra
is necessary.
​

> So all this circuitous exercise is a lame invention of nanyadasthItivadins.

I think that nAnyadastItivAdinaH can not be used for mImAmsaka-s since they
think before what they say. They test every position.
We may not do the same and blame them, is another thing.
​

> A number of people who proclaim themselves to be advaitins are prachchanna
> purvamimasakas.

​A few of members here are actually so angry and reactive to thinking and
testing of ideas that they utter anything here.
​

> They use the advaita as an armour to protect themselves from the onslaught
> of buddhists etc.

​Actually, mImAmsA system is strong enough to protect itself. You need to
study it to appreciate that.