[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Jnaani enjoys all desires

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Feb 22 05:04:06 EST 2017

praNAms Sri Sadananda prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Now the question is - at the local body level there is suffering too. The above sloka should also involve the sufferings of all the people - sva dehavat.

Ø     If somewhere else said that jnAni ‘enjoys’ all desires in his own body (local BMI) it equally means that he would ‘suffer’ as well in his own body.  It  has to be so, because enjoyment (bhOga) can be had only if he thinks that he is bhOktru in his local BMI and there is an ‘outside’ bhOga vastu (vishaya sukha) which he is going to enjoy!! When this triputi vyavahAra is there ( bhOktru, bhOga, bhOjya) and the socalled jnAni ‘enjoying’ this, how can he be free from sufferings of vyashti as well as  samashti??  Anyway, jnAni is NOT Ananda bhuk to say that he is enjoyer.. he is Ananda svarUpa and it is not vishyAnanda it is svarUpAnanda, to highlight this somewhere bhAshyakAra says sushuptAtma is anandamaya and not Ananda svarUpa.  When the ‘real’ jnAni realizes that he is himself Ananda svarUpa, the below question does not arise.

What happens to the sum total of all sufferings?

Ø     I know you know all these, but if you want to check others opinions, this is my understanding.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar