[Advaita-l] Generalizing the rule : 'n' sound changing to 'N'

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 02:14:27 EST 2017

Namaste Shri Praveen,

Thanks for confirming that there is no such standard rule.

May be, to make sense of some mantras we may have to invoke
such non-standard rules which seem phonetically reasonable.
For example, we know that 'indha' and 'indra' can be
interchanged in mantras (Br. Ar. Up. 4.2.2 ).

This is in some ways continuation of an old thread - making
sense of mantras by splitting them into smaller sounds - sometimes
individual sounds. May be, some people who have participated
in those discussions will say - oh no! not again. :)

Regards,
Shrinivas