[Advaita-l] bhagavAn rAmachandra worshipped shiva

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Thu Jan 5 23:42:44 CST 2017

Namaste,

The vAlmiki rAmAyaNa clearly and explicitly mentions that bhagavan ramachandra worshipped shiva at the banks
of setusamundram.  The yuddha-kANDa (vide 19th shloka from 123rd sarga) mentions this:

एतत् कुक्षौ समुद्रस्य स्कन्धावारनिवेशनम् || ६-१२३-१९
अत्र पूर्वं महादेवः प्रसादमकरोत्प्रभुः |

See this island, located in the middle of the ocean, where my troops were stationed. At this place, the lord Shiva (the supreme deity)
formerly bestowed his grace on me.

That said, vaishnavas have a distorted view w.r.t to "mahAdeva" too and say that it is sAgara-abhimAni-dEvata !

When one doesn't want to listen, we can't change their views.  It is left to their prArabdha.

reg,
sriram