[Advaita-l] An instance of malicious interpretation of the Atharvaśirā upaniṣad

Nithin Sridhar sridhar.nithin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 04:29:59 CST 2017

For, what its worth, sharing my 4-part article which was written during
beef controversy last year, but includes a brief analysis of use of animals
in Yajnas as well.

Here is the link-
http://nithinsridhar.blogspot.in/2015/11/beef-controversy-in-india-4-parts.html

Regards,
Nithin

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> praNAms  Sri Sriram prabhuji
> Hare Krishna
>
> If the pramANita  shAstra vidhi prescribes the pashu medha in ishti-s for
> the puNya lOka prApti,  who are we to counter the scriptural injunction ??
> so says the hard core traditional meemAmsaka-s.  For that matter going to
> the svarga or Naraka will not be determined by the 'eating habits' of the
> individuals.  OTOH,  it will be decided by the balance of pApa and puNya
> phala in one's account.  Arguments blossoms like this from their
> viewpoints.  Anyway, according to strict rules of shrauta yAga
> formalities,  a strict NO to  substitutes when the 'ORIGINALS' are readily
> available.  This is what I heard from one of the Mattur pundits when the
> sOma yAga they conducted became a big issue in social media recently.
>
> BTW, what exactly our dharma shAstra-s like manu, Apasthambha, Gautama
> etc. would say on one's food habits and alternatives in shrauta yagna-s ??
> Would like to know.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

Nithin S