[Advaita-l] The ideal 'dream' - Saint Thāyumānavar

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 06:50:10 CST 2017

மண்ணான மாயையெல்லாம் மாண்டுபோக
இரு கண்ணாறவும் ஓர் கனவு கண்டேன் பராபரமே. !!( தாயுமானவர். பராபரக்கண்ணி.!)

Such a strange dream did I have, Oh my Lord! a dream in which I saw this
whole world of delusion coming to a total nought! ( ordinary people have
such dreams as one coming upon a big sweepstake,  achieving high ends in
social position,  status, name and fame, courtship rejected by someone
being revived, or nightmares of one's impending death,  loss of wealth in
the stock market, being overlooked for promotion in official career,  with
some incompetent junior being promoted, our ambitions chased after becoming
crooked shadows, some nocturnal devil or incubus attacking us, being
threatened in dreams by our own doppelganger of the ego. But how many could
have the exalted dream of the entire Maya tumbling down and being reduced
to pathetic dust,  as has been had by the great saint?)