[Advaita-l] Mantras for daily chanting

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:16:15 CST 2017

Namaste

Purandara Dasa has sung - raama mantrava japiso, he manuja.  aa mantra
ee mantra nechchi nee keDabeDa

O Man, Don't be misled by that Mantra and this Mantra.

Why all thousands of Mantras when Raama Mantra alone is the Taaraka
Mantra? is the question.

I am talking about outside Puja. In Puja we require different
Panchayatana Puja Mantras like Namaka, Chamaka, Purusha Sukta. Outside
Puja if you feel like saying a Mantra Raama Mantra is the best.
Nothing like it.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 6:35 PM, Praveen R. Bhat <bhatpraveen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Namaste Venkateshji,
>
> That is considered as a glorification of रामनाम and to be done only by those
> cannot chant Vishnusahasranama for whatever reasons, not as a lazy out! Else
> it would be like saying that ones who suggest chanting रुद्र as opposed to
> shortcut रुद्र that goes सर्वो वै रुद्रस्... are being foolish.
>
> Kind rgds,
> --Praveen R. Bhat
> /* Through what should one know That owing to which all this is known!
> [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
>
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l
> <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
>>
>> Namaste
>>
>> People are foolishly suggesting Vishnu Sahara Nama without knowing 'Sri
>> Rama  Rama Rameti Rame Rame Manorame'. The simple single  Raama Mantra is
>> equal to Entire Vishnu Sahasra

-Venkatesh